Thursday, November 18, 2010

On Hibernation,Boredom et al...

It seems like a decade ago that the cactus felt the blossom.However,its never too late for the blossom,be it au milieu d'hiver ou au mileu d'automne!

TFC has been a vent to the leaking brain that prevented oxidation and corrosion of the rut below.Post marriage,the migration to the US etc has managed to immerse the creative juices into chores that never occurred to moi earlier.

Living with silent taunts from friends,ignorant relatives and colleagues for not being "functional" professionally by choice is definitely not easy.One learns to overcome that with patience.Yes, missing all the professional credentials and opportunities at the peak of my career and age makes me feel miserable at times.



The fun is to remain optimistic and find the most opportune moment in time to turn the tide to your favour.The metal of person is determined with the struggles he overcomes and not through the number of competitors he beheads or trails ahead of him.I guess,we would not have had Abraham Lincoln in the American History had he surrendered to the failures in his personal and professional life,isn't it? There is always something to look from an open window of the world's panorama.



In the pass two years (wasted as some might want to think) I have had the privilege to accompany my soulmate Rohan,learn different ways of working and etiquette across the globe,pottery,house keeping,cooking,trekking (yes,me and treks!!) and human resource management.I have no regrets about the wonderful experiences that have made me mature over time.I shall always owe a lot to these 2 odd years for my entire lifetime.

 I chose to face the tide and decided to start a catering & event management entrepreneurship of my own with my husband Rohan's support.It is a new beginning.With  disciplined engineering oriented childhood,civilized graduation and management (hons)it would be a challenge for sure.But,I m ready to take on this plunge with a tiger's courage!

Not opting for the easy road was my preference.The road that I might have taken against my wishes on a red carpet.But a bed of roses or velvet each have its own reasonable price.

Opportunities have to be created not passed on,isn't it? So,all of those who have the dedication,determination and desire to fight,replace you swords (tongues to cut through the mean world) with actions.You are,therefore you stand!!



tfc

6 comments:

sunny said...

nicely written!

sunny said...

nicely written!

thefloweringcactus said...

thanks Sunny :)

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

thefloweringcactus said...

thanks a bunch to the two anonymous friends for appreciating this blog and leaving a comment :)

Shefali said...

Wasted is a relative term. I can however relate to what you go through. I have been there too.
Glad you see the positive in it :)