Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Home Away From Home.....

A friend met me over a chat conversation on internet,
To introduce to me a vision I was blinded with,
A view of a homesick toddler wanting to go back to childhood,
Might it seem impossible to those who have forgotten to rejevenate their life for sake of livelihood!


He requested in a humble yet persuasive tone,
"Build me a home,Build me a home"
In the lush greens of motherly arms,
In plush lap of the fields,
In the blooming smiles of buddies,
Midst of swaying trees,dancing crops to the monsoon songs of my sisters swinging a heavenly flight.


A dwelling not merely,
But,an enlightenment replicating my soul,
Hiding simplicity within it's hearth with long & open courtyards,
A porch to nostalgia,
A garden essaying my childhood,
A comfort to the frames in the family room,
Tantalizer to the taste buds of low lying kitchen,
A tranquility to soul in the neatly lined bedrooms,
"Oh,Dear builder, build me a home,away from home!"


A mother in disguise of subtility,
A father to humanity,
A brother to hospitality,
A sister to care and kindness,
A search so mythical,
A demand so selfish,
"Still,dear builder,build me a home...away fom home"


A symbol of trust & mirror to reality,
A shoulder to cry & lean on,
A shelter I cringe for,
A granny singing a lullaby to shut me away from the world's demanding & illusive strings,
A maid who tamed my tantrums to the matured handsome advisory,
A home that gives me a slap at the stint of immaturity,
"Hey builder,build me a home,build me a home,away from home!"

TFC

3 comments:

Rohan said...

Wonderful! :)

Rohan said...

ahem, I meant, wonderful, as always :)

thefloweringcactus said...

Thanks! Hope I can keep up to the expectations of the mad programmer! :)